TYPE : Acid Descaler Cleaner PROD.# 1093
BENEFITS : A strong acid-type cleaner designed for removing cement from cement mixing equipment, molds, brick, or ceramic tile. Special wetting agents provide quick penetration of the surface. Corrosion inhibitors prevent attack of acid on base metals. Use also to clean radiators and cooling systems, remove scale from dishwashing machines, remove rust, and etch concrete floors prior to sealing.
• Quick penetrating • Contains special wetting agents to provide rapid penetration of surfaces to be cleaned
• Corrosion inhibitors • Has corrosion inhibitors to retard attck on base metals
• Acceptable for use in food • Acid cleaner for use in all federally inspected meat processing applications and poultry plants.
Powerful, liquid, muriatic acid based cleaner, formulated to clean cement mixing and handling equipment, etching concrete floors, cleaning masonry surfaces, removing hard water scale, rust, and similar soils quickly.
Removes portland cement, lime, or concrete from metal equipment, machinery and concrete mixers. Etches concrete floors prior to application of certain floor sealing compounds
Ready Mix Trucks Large Kitchen Areas Equipment Repair Heating and Cooling Warehouses
* Because muriatic acid emits irritating and corrosive fumes when used, provisions for adequate ventilation must be provided.
Physical form . . . . . . . . . .BROWN LIQUID
Flash point (TCC) . . . . . .None
Odor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .STRONG, IRRITATING ACIDIC FUMES
pH (concentrate) . . . . . . .<1
Specific gravity . . . . . . . .1.13
(1% solution) . . . . . . . . . .1.0-2.0
Boiling point . . . . . . . . . .212°F
Shelf life . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1 year minimum
DOT Shipping label . . . . .CORROSIVE LIQUID, ACIDIC,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .INORGANIC, N.O.S.
A specially compounded, inhibited acid cleaner useful in: Removing portland cement, lime or concrete from metal equipment, machinery, cement mixers, transit forms, shovels. Cleaning old or new masonry, glaze tile, stone, concrete blocks. Removing excess mortar from brick work or ceramic tile. Can be used to descale air conditioners, water systems, and dishwashers.
MASONRY, STONE, or CONCRETE: Dilute 1 part product with 1 part water and apply with
a mop or bursh. Allow 5 minutes contact time and flush off with water.
CEMENT, LIME or CONCRETE FROM METAL EQUIPMENT: Dilute 1 part with 6 parts water.
Apply on surface with brush if necessary. Allow 5 minutes contact time and flush with water.
Heavy deposits may require a stronger solution or repeated application.
CONCRETE MIXERS: Inside mixers, use a dilution of 1 part to 10 parts water and allow mixer
to clean itself by running. Flush out with plenty of water. For cleaning outside of mixer use
directions stated above for removing concrete from metal equipment.
AIR CONDITIONERS, INDUSTRIAL COOLING SYSTEMS, DISHWASHERS:
1. Drain and flush all water, sludge, and dirt out of the sump. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
2. Close all bleed lines and fill sump with fresh water.
3. Calculate the total gallon capacity in the system, including pipes, sump and storage tanks.
Starting treatment should include 1 gallon of ZEP FORMULA 6556 for each 24 gallons of
water in the system.
4. Start pump and operate system as usual. Check circulating water with test papers and
maintain a pH of 2 to 3 during entire cleaning operation by adding additional ZEP FORMULA
6556 if necessary as acid is neutralized.
5. In the case of air conditioners and industrial cooling systems, a gradual reduction in the
head pressure indicates progress in the removal of system scale. Inspect tubes if possible.
6. When scale and deposits have been satisfactorily removed and head pressure is normal,
dispose in suitable way and refill with fresh water. circulate for 10 to 15 minutes and drain
7. Refill system with water and restore normal operation of machinery. Add treatment to
system as soon as practical after cleaning.
NOTE: Fumes from acid solutions may cause rusting of sensitive metal surfaces (i.e.: iron &
steel). Such surfaces should be removed from area of application or otherwise protected from
fumes. DO NOT USE ON ALUMINUM.
Care should be taken to avoid contact with painted surfaces since many paints are acid
Authorized by USDA for use in federally-inspected meat and poultry plants.
ZEP FORMULA 6556
Acid Descaler Cleaner
-Flat Rate UPS Shipping
-Sales tax applied if you are in: CT